Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Unique Blog Hop

 
First...I'm a bit embarrased as this is my first blog post for 2014.  wow.  That is bad!  I really need to fix that....lol
 
so my friend Chelle asked me to participate in a different kind of blog hop....it's almost like pass the potatoe ....lol...a fun potatoe though :)
So here is  Chelle  blog where she has posted a few pics of her room and has answered a few questions about her hobby....
I will attempt to do the same....
So I have also taken a few pics of my room, it was mostly tidy but my project life area was a little on the messy side....along with my daughters area (wow! like mother like daughter is all I have to say about that!)  so the first pic is table where I create layouts and behind the table I have a 10 foot counter where I have my PC and my project life stuff....and my very loved and cherished Epson Picture Mate (love that baby!) I have installed shelving above my PC to hold my Silhouette, they take up space, expecially when they are in operation....behind the curtain is my "other crafting" stuff (except sewing) and Boys Rule stuff.... 
 
 
This pic is the storage area, from left to right, the chest of drawers holds flowers, twine, and I can't remember what else but I know it's important and I neeeeeeed it ...lol.   The black, blue, black fabric bins from Ikea hold all my kits, ok well most of them...lol...then the white furniture holds my project life cards and the bigger cubes hold card stock.  My wireless photo printer (to print from my iphone) sits on top of yet more storage bins....card supplies, Christmas embellies...etc. 

 
This is all my mixed media stuff...love this art!  I have made a few canvases but they are not on my wall because I have sold them....blows me away that people pay me to make those! 

 
 This is where I create the mixed media canvas....when it doesn't have other crafty stuff all over it!
 


I created three layouts this past weekend, almost four actually....I grabbed 5 or 6 kits I had and brought them  up to the trailer with me....then one afternoon I was looking at the paper and I noticed I had a few different "framed" papers by different manufactures....thought that was neat....so I created three layouts using this themed paper....
 



 
They are all of my daughter....
 
So there are a few questions to go along with the blog hop....
 
What am I working on?  That fourth layout I started at the trailer...with the frames....just didn't get it done today....
 
How does my work differ from others?   I don't think it's any different from other scrapbookers....I have differnt styles that emerge which allow me to create different types of layouts....I also create a lot of project life pages too, will post those later this week...
 
Why do I create?  Because I have thousands of dollars invested in this crap that I cannot waste!  lol....and because we all enjoy looking back at what we were doing "then" 
 
How does your creative process work?  tough to answer because I do not create on a regualar basis....I think it starts wiht the photos then goes to the embellies....and I just get lost in the adventure :)
 
So now I need to find a few others to carry on the blog hop from here....so I will ask the Boys Rule design team Laura and Lynn to follow suit!
 
Thanks for stopping by!!




3 comments:

Laura said...

Wow I love your space and what you are working on now such great girly pages! Thanks for tagging me!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Looks great, a lot tidier than when I saw it a couple of years ago. Great job on getting some girly layouts done.

VaryScrappy (Shannon) said...

LL...your room looks GREAT! Hmmm....that big white storage rack on top of your blue cabinets in the first picture...that looks familiar...could it be the rack you made for Scrapfest? LOL! Great job.